Rostov State Medical University, Russia – A Gateway For An Extraordinary Medical Education
Russia is reckoned as one of the highly popular destinations to study medicine. It is consistently preferred as one of the frontline choices to pursue medical education for many aspirants in India. Well, there are many NMC (National Medical Commission) recognize and government-affiliated medical universities in Russia, however, Rostov State Medical University is irresistibly a supreme choice for those who want to be assured of grabbing world-class medical education at affordable cost and willing to complete their MBBS with complete knowledge in their profession. Consult Doctors-IEA (Doctors-Ideal Educational Advisors) a leading and official representative of RostSMU. Students and parents are welcome to www.thedoctorsiea.in for all sorts of inquiries regarding admission in MBBS in RostSMU. RostSMU is one of the oldest medical universities in Russia after Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Kazan. The only university in Rostov-on-Don, recognized by leading Medical councils viz. NMC, WHO, ECFMG, etc. Medical degrees obtained from the Rostov State Medical University are acceptable to the provincial/territorial medical regulatory authorities in Canada, and therefore acceptable to all medical organizations in Canada.
Leave us your details
We will contact you
A large number of Indian students who dream of pursuing MBBS abroad are opting for Rostov Medical University, Russia due to certain advantages that include direct admission, no donation, convenient accommodation, affordable fee structure, safety, and security as well as optimum education quality. Do not forget that clearing the medical entrance exam in India is one of the toughest jobs for even many exceptionally capable aspirants. As a result, many parents and students keep looking for the best Medical University in Russia that is not only budget-friendly but emanates quality medical education programs.
Rostov State Medical University ticks most of the boxes when it comes to choosing a trustworthy medical university in Russia. Thousands of international and Indian students enrolled in faculties like General Medicines, Pediatrics, Dentistry, and Pharmacy. RostSMU offers a degree that is recognized and acknowledged by WHO, NMC, GMC, ECFMG, USMLE, IMED, and other organizations worldwide. Students from more than 30 countries come here to pursue medical education such as Africa, Europe, UAE, Asia, etc. Students may also be benefitted from the Rostov State Medical University scholarship program. You need to check the eligibility on the official website of the University.
Overview of Rostov State Medical University
Rostov is among one of the oldest and first medical universities in Russia. Rostov University came into existence in 1930. It is also known as RostSMU or RostGMU. This is a non-profit medical education institute that is located in Rostov-on-Don City, Russia and it is the largest Government Medical University in South Russian Federation. For more detail, you can visit Rostov State Medical University’s official website.
Accreditation and affiliation
RostSMU is duly accredited by the Ministry of Health and Education of the Russian Federation. It is also approved and recognized by NMC (National Medical Commission) and WHO (World Health Organization). The Rostov State Medical University, offers a wide range of pre-bachelor degrees, bachelor degrees, master degrees, and doctorate degrees in medical education and other areas of study. It is one of the esteemed choices for MBBS in Russia.
Some other programmatic accreditations and recognitions include below:
- Canadian Medical Council
- Ministry of Health & Education, Russian Federation
- German Science and Humanities Council
- Pakistan Medical and Dental Council
- American Osteopathic Association
RostSMU – Quick Fact check
|Name of the University||Rostov State Medical University|
|Popular Name/Abbrev.||RSMU, RostSMU, RostGMU, RGMU|
|Year of Establishment||1915|
|Number of Faculty||7|
|Medium of Instruction||English/Russian|
|NEET Required||Yes, It is Required & Mandatory|
|Courses Offered||General Medicine, Pediatrics, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Preparatory Course|
|Cost of Living||80-100 US Dollar|
|Minimum percentage required||65-70% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology aggregate|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||25-30 days Approx.|
|Fees for MBBS||4250 USD/ (approx)Each Year|
|Duration of MBBS||6 Years|
|University Recognition||WHO, NMC of India Approved|
|Total Number of Students||9000 including 1500+ international Students|
|University Ranking||Country Ranking – 248 (Sources: 4icu.org)
World Ranking – 5344 (Sources: 4icu.org)
|Category||Medical Colleges in Russia|
|Contact Official Representative||Doctors-IEA, website:- www.doctorsiea.in|
Rostov State Medical University Ranking in 2021
Rostov State Medical University’s ranking has significantly improved which was already on a higher note. The current Rostov State Medical University country ranking and world ranking is given below: Country ranking – 248, World ranking – 5344 (As per Indian Embassy Listed in Top 20 in Russian Federation)
Courses, Faculties & Infrastructure
All students enrolling in RostSMU will have to go through the preparatory course in physics, chemistry, and biology in their first year. Once this course is over, students will be enrolled in various faculties such as medicine, pediatrics, pharmacy, dentistry, and so on. RostSMU has 6 faculties (General Medicine, Dentistry, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, preparatory course, Post Graduate and Continuous Education) and 91 departments, a Military Training Center, a Clinic, and Medical College. Moreover, there is a Central Scientific Research Laboratory that carries out studies and research on microbiology, genetics, etc.
As a student, you will be glad to know that RostSMU is among one of the oldest universities in Russia. Over the years it has produced a bulk of alumni that are working in various corners of the world in reputed organizations, hospitals, and institutions. What makes it different from others is its core values and state of the art infrastructure that is essential to carry out an assortment of practical and theoretical medical education. This is the reason why it is considered one of the best places to pursue medical education.
RostSMU or RostGMU is the largest medical research, training, and treatment center in southern Russia. No wonder it consistently involves cooperation and joint researches with many scientific institutions in Russia and also on the global front. Rostov State Medical University, Rostov, is also well equipped with advanced and high-tech academic buildings, lecture halls, comprehensive laboratories, latest diagnostic and medical equipment.
Why choose Rostov State Medical University?
San doubt, Rostov State Medical University is a globally renowned medical institute and it is the hub for international students including a massive number of Indian aspirants.
- Quality education at affordable fees
One of the substantial advantages of pushing yourself to take admission in RostSMU is that there is already an esteemed number of Indian graduates from this university working in various top-notch government organizations across the globe. Despite a remarkable teaching standard and unparalleled education state of the art infrastructure, the Rostov State Medical University fees are considerably affordable for Indian students as it is a non-profit and government-affiliated university.
- No donation
When you think of pursuing a medical course from a reputed foreign university, the concern of hefty donation is the first thing that looms in most of our minds. As far as RostSMU is concerned, you need not pay any donation. The admission process in RostSMU is purely based on merit. Hence, there is a total absence of donations for taking admission to the MBBS course.
- No competitive exam
Cracking the medical entrance exam is still a cumbersome and insurmountable task for many aspirants in India. A bulk of aspirants appears in Medical Entrance Exam in India to compete for very selective seats. RostSMU will be a wiser as well as a greater option for those who are looking to overleap the hurdle of tiresome exams and follow their dream of achieving a globally renowned medical degree. RostSMU has a selective admission policy based on higher secondary percentages or grades and entrance exams.
- Listed in top 20 universities in Russia
No wonder, as an aspirant of MBBS from abroad, you would like to get into a top-notch medical university in Russia. RostSMU is listed in the top twenty medical universities in Russia. Hence, you can expect to achieve most of your education goals in a higher way. Rostov State Medical University’s ranking always helps aspirants to know about its quality of medical education and impeccable infrastructure. Currently, Rostov State Medical University’s country ranking is 248, which is quite healthy from all perspectives.
- Experienced and subject expert faculties
Rostov State Medical University consists of more than 100 departments. It includes above 600 faculties and experts imparting their services with sheer dedication, contributing to its innovation and interactive forms of learning. The team of highly experienced teaching staff includes subject-expert professors, medical practitioners, and scientists, another reason why Rostov State Medical University, Russia is regarded extremely higher on students and parents’ choice for MBBS course.
- Sophisticated infrastructure and technology
If you want to compete with the best in this world you can hardly afford to ignore the use of the latest technology and advance teaching methodology, are you? RostSMU is well-equipped with the most refined and revised infrastructure necessary to render top medical education. It also pioneers in using the latest technology to leverage your effort and maximize optimum productivity.
- Subsidized medical education
Since RostSMU or RostGMU comes under government regulation and the Ministry of Health and Education of the Russian Federation students can pursue medical education at a subsidized cost. The government provides a subsidy that helps both aspirants to avail high- quality education at a lower cost. This further reduces a load of expense during the whole course of MBBS. Thus, pursuing medicine from Rostov State Medical University is highly beneficial for Indian students.
The medium of teaching in RostSMU
The medium of teaching RostSMU is English and Russian. Hence as an Indian student, you can choose English as your primary and preferred language for doing MBBS in Russia. Nevertheless, Russian is also taught to all students in the first year so that they can get a handy knowledge of the mother tongue of Russia. Though you will pursue your medicine course in English, however, having knowledge of Russian will be quite handy to deals with people and situations both inside and outside the campus.
Cost and duration for MBBS in Rostov State Medical University
As far as the duration of the MBBS course in RostSMU is concerned, it takes 6 years to complete MBBS for those who have chosen English as their medium of study and 7 years for Russian Medium.
Rostov State Medical University fees or cost is fairly cheap and affordable for Indian students as RostSMU or RostSMU is a government university.
Fees for Medicine (MBBS)
|Fees Pattern||1st year||2nd year to 6th year||Grand Total|
|Tuition Fee||6200 USD||4280 USD||27600USD Total|
|Total in INR||Rs 4,67,000||Rs 3,22,000||Rs 20,81,000|
Note: From the 2nd to 6th year, tuition fees can be increased 3-5% every year as per university.
Doctors-IEA team would like to inform you that the exchange rate is extremely volatile and is subjected to change, in such a scenario the fees shown above may differ from the actual price due to a change in the exchange rate and other factors. Candidates are requested to check the current exchange rate before initiating the admission process.
Scope after completing MBBS/Medicine from RostSMU
After completing MBBS from RostSMU you may be entitled to a variety of career options both in Russia as well as other parts of the world. Though the sky is only the limit after completing MBBS from this university, however, you may like to glance at some of the best career options for you presented below:
- You can prefer to continue practicing as MBBS in Russia and other countries.
- You may come back to India and practice MBBS after passing a relevant exam (FMGE or NMC screening test)
- You can choose to practice in the USA after clearing USMLE.
- You can pursue a Postgraduate course in Germany or the USA.
- You can prepare for PLAB.
- RostSMU MBBS degree is recognized worldwide. Hence it facilitates you an opportunity to pursue your career anywhere you want on the global front.
RostSMU honest review
Needless to mention that honest and fair Rostov State Medical University reviews always come in handy when it comes to take the right decision and knowing about the firsthand experience of those who have already been to RostSMU. Several students who are pursuing or have completed their medical studies from the university provide their insight in the form of reviews, some of them are mentioned below:
I am a second-year medical student at RostSMU. It is so far so good experience for me. I am experiencing a standout teaching methodology. Professors and teachers are also very experienced having in-depth knowledge of their subject. During the course of time, I realized that I had made the right decision by choosing RostSMU for MBBS.
– Swapnil Ovhal, Maharashtra
RostSMU University is truly empowered by the state of the art training and teaching facility. Teachers are quite responsive and helpful. The teaching standard is also remarkable. The university environment is peaceful and I hardly feel enthusiastic when I entered the campus.
– Manish, New Delhi
For me, the most important thing is the quality of education and eminent faculty because this is what matters eventually. I am currently studying at Rostov State Medical University and the university’s official representative helped me to find this amazing university. The experience has been fantastic till now and I really wanna give credits to Doctors-IEA Team for this. Really impressed so far.
– Elisa Seth, Chhattisgarh
Accommodation and hostel facility
Accommodation or hostel facility is readily available at RostSMU. As it is already mentioned that it is a government-run university you can expect an affordable hostel facility here. Rostov State Medical University will avail a feasible hostel facility to medical students in Russia. The accommodation is based on a sharing basis where you will be supposed to accommodate 3 students in a large room. However, students will be provided a separate bed, wardrobe, study table. Some of the highlights of Rostov State Medical University hostel are as follows:
- Vast rooms with 3 beds sharing facility.
- All essentials and necessities such as a bedsheet, pillow, blanket, chair, study table, etc. are duly provided to the students.
- A proper canteen facility is available for students.
- Those students who love to cook themselves are provided a common kitchen where they can cook their own food.
- Indian mess and restaurants are densely available in the vicinity.
- All rooms are facilitated with round the clock internet access.
- The university has 5 hostels; 2 of them on the university campus on a sharing basis.
- Students may also avail of the facility like a laundry room, gym, library, etc.
Campus environment, safety, and security
RostSMU has an incredible campus environment. Apart from the academic exposure, you get an opportunity to learn and exchange the minds of genius students from across the globe. The RostSMU campus firmly encourages and promotes cultural and extracurricular activities to enhance the all-round personality and traits of the students. Hence you get international exposure for both academic and non-academic activities. You cannot ask for better than that.
Safety and security is another concern for both parents and students. The inside environment of the RostSMU is peaceful and convenient. Moreover, the city of Rostov-on-Don also has an impressive record on safety and security measures, particularly for foreign students. The people, police, and administration are quite cooperative and friendly. They deal with foreigners with polite and tender behavior. However, there are some notable and extra safety tips you may follow to avoid any inconvenient event include:
- Do not travel late at night until it is essential.
- Always carry some sort of identification or essential documents like passport, identity card, license, registration paper, etc. with you.
- Always stay alert of your surroundings.
- Always keep a contact or helpline number so that you can call or refer in case of any need or emergency.
- Stay away from strangers.
- The policemen may ask you often for identification as foreigners in the city are easily spotted due to their vivid appearance. Take it easy it is normal and natural.
- Stay away from any bad habits or addictions.
- Avoid late-night parties and clubbing.
- Focus on your aim and goal.
Rostov State Medical University admission procedure, document required & eligibility
In order to avoid the cancellation of your application for admission, you should be well informed of the eligibility as well as the whole Rostov State Medical University admission procedure.
- You should be at the age of 17 on or before 31st December during the current year of admission.
- The student must have more than 65-70 % marks per subject in ECB in the 12th class (Senior Secondary School).
- NEET (Qualified marks) is mandatory to study MBBS in RostSMU for Indian Students.
- Only regular students can apply not from open school.
Note: Remember no English Language (IELTS or TOEFL) test is required for applying or taking admission
Document required for admission in RostSMU 2021-22
Documents required for study MBBS in Rostov State Medical University (For Indian Students)
- Filled application form with fee guarantee letter.
- Passport with a validity of a minimum of two years.
- 10th, 12th Certificates, and mark-sheets.
- 20 passport size photographs (35*45 mm @80% face at the matte finish paper with a white background.
- Medical tests: HIV test, X-Ray Chest, Blood test, Health Fitness certificate.
For Other Countries:
- Filled application form with fee guarantee letter
- Passport with a validity of a minimum of two years.
- Secondary school certificate (English, Chemistry & Biology)
- Medical tests: HIV test, X-Ray Chest, Blood test, Health Fitness certificate.
- 20 Photos (passport size 35*45 mm at the matte paper)
The admission process explained step by step
The RostSMU admission process for MBBS study in 2021 has been made quite simple and straight. However, you need to aware of the deadline. If you apply for admission within the deadline, there will be no problem at all to accomplish the admission process online. Here are the steps to follow for admission.
Step 1: Fill the online application form correctly. You can visit the online portal of the website for this. You can visit the authorized and official representative of RostSMU – Doctors-IEA as well where you will be duly guided regarding a complete online form application.
Step 2: Submit all relevant documents related to the admission online. Alternatively, you may once again visit the Doctors-IEA office.
Step 3: The applicant will receive the admission letter in 3-5 working days and an invitation letter within 4 weeks after applying if selected.
Step 4: Once you receive the invitation letter from the Rostov State Medical University, Russia you would require to pay the tuition fee for the MBBS course.
Step 5: After getting the original payment receipt of fees and invitation letter from the University, you can carry on with the student visa process. After getting a visa you are now ready to fly to study MBBS in RostSMU; Doctors-IEA office will take care of all the process in India & Russia.
Beware of the fake or unofficial representative of Rostov State Medical University
As a matter of fact, it is quite true that many unauthorized or unofficial agents try to take maximum advantage of the reputation and popularity of Rostov State Medical University. During the consultation for MBBS in Russia, you may confront several agents who claim to be an official representative of RostSMU, however, they are not.
In such a scenario, you need to be aware of the fact that such agents or middlemen may try to lure you with attractive schemes or several other misleading and unauthorized information regarding Rostov State Medical University admission. Here you need to be clever and considerate and only give your final consent to the only official representative of RostSMU.
Some baffling clauses that are used by such agents include:
- They will ask for whole course fees (6-year fees altogether). If you do so you will plunge into an irredeemable blunder. However, the fact is that RostSMU asks you to pay fees yearly. Moreover, you should always get written assurance for whatever the promises they do regarding the fees. Remember agents can’t force you to pay them in person.
- The Rostov State Medical fee structure of the English medium MBBS program and the Russian medium MBBS program will vary significantly. However, often some agents offer you a fee structure that is a Russian-medium-based MBBS program which is comparatively cheaper than the English medium. Stay away from such misleading information often used by them to take you in.
- They may ask you to pay them the amount. Well, the fact is that you are supposed to pay the fees in the RostSMU account directly and get the payment receipt.
In a nutshell, you need to be smart enough to avoid getting trapped in any of the baffling assurance, entertaining Rostov State Medical University fee structure or floating schemes used by such agents. Most of the information regarding RostSMU or RostGMU is available at the Rostov State Medical University official website. Hence You should be wise while making a decision based on valid information provided by the consultant or agent and do not settle for anything until you are completely convinced and satisfied by their identity as an official representative of RostSMU. Doctors-IEA team is the authorized representative of RostSMU. Parents and students are heartily welcome and invited for consultation and doubt clearance regarding admission in RostSMU which is entirely free of cost.
Clearing NEXT exam as FMGE /MCI Screening exam abolished
Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) or MCI screening test which was an indispensable exam that needed to be cracked if you want to pursue your career or practice medicine in India after taking Rostov State Medical University admission and completed MBBS from RostSMU or any other Russian University. However, FMGE or NMC screening test is abolished now by the regulatory and it is replaced by NEXT (National Exit Test), a single-window examination and that will replace the NEET-PG exam & NMC Exam (FMGE). It is going to be implemented by 2022. It means current students who are going to take admission for MBBS in RostSMU or abroad will have to take the NEXT exam. This test is essential and mandatory to pass in order to get the provisional or permanent registration licensing from the National Medical Commission of India. You will also be considered to be eligible for a one-year internship in India after clearing this exam.
General information regarding National Exit Test (NEXT)
- Just appearing in the NEXT exam does not mean you are qualified to get provisional or permanent registration from NMC in India, you need to pass it as well.
- You should always provide correct or legitimate information while filling the form. Any wrong or misleading information will not only cancel your appearance but also be barred from appearing in any exam conducted by NBE in the future.
- You must be well-informed and aware of the eligible criteria, scheme, and pattern of the examination before filling the application form. Some of the information and guidance regarding this test is yet to be announced by the regulatory board. So you need to be up-to-date about it.
- To appear in the NEXT exam, the candidate must complete their primary medical qualification (MBBS) from NMC approved university in Russia or any other country in the world.
Why RostSMU is rated so highly for MBBS in 2021?
Some prolific advantages at Rostov State Medical University, Rostov comprise:
- Having its own on-campus Central Scientific Research Laboratory (CSRL).
- Comprehensive scientific-investigation activities.
- Own Military Training Center.
- Having its own Medical University Clinic with 860 beds.
- 17 clinical departments and 20 specialized departments in the clinic.
- Hostels in campus, gym, library, etc.
- Rostov State Medical University hostel facilities are quite satisfying and affordable.
- Member of the North Caucasus Research Center High School.
- Some encouraging Rostov State Medical University reviews.
In a nutshell, RostSMU will be an exciting and promising option for medical education in Russia. Doctors-IEA, the official representative of RostSMU will always be there to provide all assistance and consultation for the admission in RostSMU. Feel free to contact us for a free consultation.
Call for more details about the university, admission, processing, fees at MBBS in RostSMU, Russia:
+91-7428212236, 7428203118, 8010503035
Toll-free 1800-419-5827 (For Indian Students), +79515174507 (International Students)
Students or parents can write to us at WhatsApp also: +917428212236, +79515174507
Rostov-on-Don city at a glance:
Rostov-on-Don or Rostov-na-Donu is the largest city in the south of Russia, the capital of the Rostov region, and the Southern Federal District. It is a major administrative, cultural, scientific, educational, and industrial center and a major transport hub of southern Russia. to the southeast of the East European Plain, on the Don River, it lies 32 kilometers from the Sea of Azov. The southwestern suburbs of the city about the Don River delta. Informally, Rostov-on-Don is called “the Gate to the Caucasus” and the southern capital of Russia. The climate is temperate continental. The average temperature in January is minus 3 degrees Celsius, in July – plus 23.4 degrees Celsius.
The Rostov Regional Museum of Local History has collections on Cossack lore and war history. Nearby, Rostov Regional Museum of Fine Arts displays Russian art from the 16th–20th centuries. The Rostov Academic Drama Theater of Maxim Gorky, built in the shape of a tractor, presents classic and contemporary plays. Outside, Theater Square has fountains and a Ferris wheel. Rostov is a significant educational and cultural center of Russia. Rostov is a city of Peace and Calm. Rostov-on-Don is one of the host cities of the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Rostov is connected by buses, railways, a river port, and an international airport (Platov International Airport). The public transport system is extensively developed and is used by a large number of people for daily commuting. It consists of buses, trolleybuses, trams.
International Students can take direct flights from their native country to Platov International Airport Rostov. It’s located in the city (Every day flights are available)
- 1 Rostov State Medical University, Russia – A Gateway For An Extraordinary Medical Education
- 1.1 Overview of Rostov State Medical University
- 1.2 Accreditation and affiliation
- 1.3 RostSMU – Quick Fact check
- 1.4 Rostov State Medical University Ranking in 2021
- 1.5 Courses, Faculties & Infrastructure
- 1.6 Why choose Rostov State Medical University?
- 1.7 The medium of teaching in RostSMU
- 1.8 Cost and duration for MBBS in Rostov State Medical University
- 1.9 Fees for Medicine (MBBS)
- 1.10 Scope after completing MBBS/Medicine from RostSMU
- 1.11 RostSMU honest review
- 1.12 Accommodation and hostel facility
- 1.13 Campus environment, safety, and security
- 1.14 Rostov State Medical University admission procedure, document required & eligibility
- 1.15 Beware of the fake or unofficial representative of Rostov State Medical University
- 1.16 Clearing NEXT exam as FMGE /MCI Screening exam abolished
- 1.17 Why RostSMU is rated so highly for MBBS in 2021?
- 1.18 Rostov-on-Don city at a glance: