North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov – A Distinctive Medical University in Russia
Russia is known for its incredible higher education and post-graduate medical program. There are many NMC recognized medical universities offering world-class medical education to national and international students and North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov is the leading name among them in terms of imparting profound and research-based training in courses in medicine.
There is a large number of students apply to enroll for a medical course in NWSU named after I.I. Mechnikova, Petersburg every year. Presently, more than 4500 students are studying at various medical programs in NWSMU. Among them, more than 1500 students are international students.
North-Western State Medical University name after I.I. Mechnikov is known by several names:
- North-Western State Medical University of Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg North-Western State Medical University
- North-Western State Medical University (NWSMU)
- North-Western Institute of Medicine in Saint Petersburg
We will contact you
Some Special Highlights of North-Western State Medical University Named After I.I. Mechnikov?
- NWSMU named after I.I. Mechnikova ranks 5th position among top-notch 100 universities in Russia
- The clinical work at NWSMU is provided by utilizing 1645 beds in 14 medical profiles in various clinical centers.
- North-Western State Medical University named after the I.I. Mechnikov fee structure is affordable and low.
- High-quality medical assistance is offered to more than 40,000 patients at the hospital and an equal number of outpatient as well.
- It offers 3 main direction: Medical Education, Clinical Work and Scientific Research
- The university involved in international activities, professional practical training, student exchange, and postgraduate exchange programs.
- Students from across the globe come for admission at NWSMU such as Germany, Finland, Japan, China, France, Spain, USA, Poland, Great Britain, Turkey, Israel, Italy, UAE, Netherlands, etc.
- The North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikova reviews are highly appreciable.
- Students can avail themselves of North-Western State Medical University named after the I.I. Mechnikov scholarship also.
The North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov, Russia is one of the oldest and largest Russian Higher Medical Schools. It has a very rich legacy and as much long history of over 114 years. The university was established in 1907 under the direction of academician Vladamir Bekhtrev, however, it has been developed by the Russian Government through the Ministry of Health as per the laws of the Russian Federation. It is considered among the spearhead institution of Russia in medical and training specialists in preventive and clinical medicine. Students from different parts of the world seek North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov admission in Medicine (MBBS) and other post-graduate programs in medicine offered by the institution.
The North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov, Russia welcomes both Russian and international students to its graduate and postgraduate program in Medicine. Since the inception of the international program in 1947, it has produced more than 3500 physicians who graduated from 50 countries. At present, the number of international students at the university is quite high. Scientific research programs at the university are held by 2 research institutes and 6 laboratories and departments. Moreover, there is 775 working staff in 112 departments. North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov MBBS fees is also affordable for international students.
North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov, located in Saint Petersburg, Russia is a higher education Institution. Academician V.M. Bekhterev established a Psycho-neurological institute which was an educational institution with pedagogical and medical faculty. In 1920, this medical faculty was transformed into an independent Medical Institute in the form of the State Institute of Medical Knowledge. However, it was again renamed in the year 1930 into 2nd Leningrad Medical Institute. Later in 1947, the 2nd Leningrad Medical Institution was reorganized and restructured into Leningrad Sanitary Hygienic Medical Institution. At that time, it became the first university in the Soviet Union that taught and prepared only hygienists. The medical faculty was re-opened in 2nd Leningrad Medical Institute in 1966. In the year 1994, the university received the status of Academy. The St. Petersburg State Medical Academy was named after the famous Nobel Prize winner scientist I. I Mechnikov. After that, in 2011, the St. Petersburg State Medical Academy was merged with St. Petersburg State Medical Academy of Post-graduate Education, and in this way, North-Western State Medical University was formed.
Faculties at NWMSU
- General Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
- Internal Disease
Accreditations at a glance of NWSMU
- Listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMOS)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission of India (NMC) formally Medical Council of India (MCI)
- American Osteopathic Association
- Canadian Medical Council
- German Science and Humanities Council
- African Countries Medical Council
- Arab Countries Medical Council
- Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council
- Nepal Medical & Dental Council
Students of completed their medical program from NWSMU are eligible to apply for ECFMG in order to obtain ECFMG certification which is a mandatory gateway for graduates to enter the U.S. residency and fellowship programs. These programs are also approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). These pieces of information can be obtained from North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov’s official website.
University Ranking at a Glance
The NWSMU is one of the top and highly acclaimed universities in Russia that acquires high rankings both in the country and global university rankings. North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikova ranking in the world is 2844 according to 4icu.org University Rankings. As far as is North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikova country ranking concerned it is a top ten universities in Russia. It is ranked 8 according to Russian University Ranking and 81 according to 4icu.org.
What advantages do Students receive in NWSMU?
Pursuing MBBS in NWSMU is totally a different experience for students enrolling there from India or other countries. The teachers have abundant knowledge and experience in their fields. Teachers and professors pay equal and undivided attention to each and every student. Students are allotted to the most prolific training and research program. For all these exceptional teaching and training NWSMU fees is very nominal because it is a government-funded institution. Apart from study, students are also encouraged to participate in various extracurricular activities to hone up their collateral skills and personality. They can participate in activities, games, and entertainment such as tennis, basketball, swimming, skating, football, etc.
Cost of MBBS at NWSMU named after I.I. Mechnikov:
Many international students look for high-quality and low-cost MBBS programs abroad. Thanks to North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikova fees which is affordable and much cheaper than private medical colleges in India. Moreover, the quality of the MBBS program at NWSMU is top-class. Hence, getting admission to this university is a dream of many medical aspirants in India.
North-Western State Medical University named after the I.I. Mechnikov fee structure is given below:
|Fees Pattern||1st year||2nd year to 6th year||Grand Total|
|Tuition Fee||7400 USD||6200 USD||38400 USD Total|
|Total in INR||Rs 5,57,000||Rs 4,67,000||Rs 28,95,000|
*Tuition fees are fixed for six years.
*Students who will live in a private hostel or apartment fee will differ for them.
Doctors-IEA team would like to inform you that the exchange rate is extremely volatile and is subjected to change, in such a scenario the fees shown above may differ from the actual price due to a change in the exchange rate and other factors. Candidates are requested to check the current exchange rate before initiating the admission process.
MBBS in the English Language for Foreign Students
Foreign students across the globe flock to the owing to the medium of instruction for the MBBS course is English. Apart from it, the Russian language is also taught to foreign students in the initial year so that they can facilitate themselves for the internship and other days to day conversations with people outside the campus. Teaching and training for the English-medium MBBS course are provided by professors highly experienced and expert in teaching foreign universities. The North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov’s official website confirms the English medium MBBS program for international students.
Duration for MBBS Course at NWSMU:
The duration of MD in General Medicine (MBBS program) at North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov is 6 years including 1 year of mandatory internship in Russia. Indian students should know that an MD degree in Russia is equivalent to MBBS in India. North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikova fees are reasonably low for 6 years MBBS course.
Scientific & Research Facilities for Medical Students
The university bestows globally renowned Scientific & Research facilities for medical students. There are 16 leading research institutes and centers in St. Petersburg which is considered the scientific base of the university. All the major faculties at NWSMU are equipped with sublime training facilities, experienced academic staff, and modern and up-to-date clinics. The university is widely popular for its excellence in scientific and research training. For this reason, it receives great North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikova reviews from current and former students.
Sports, Leisure, and Extracurricular Activities at NWSMU
There are opportunities galore at NWSMU for medical students to engage themselves in some sports and extracurricular activities. This will not only refresh minds and but also motivate them to excel in extracurricular activities as well. It will also help them to broaden their minds and widen their ability to perform.
The university has adequate infrastructure for sport, cultural and extracurricular events such as aerobics, table tennis, basketball, football, martial arts, volleyball, throwball, climbing, athletics (both track & field), and more. The university has several sports halls, swimming, pool, gym, ice-rink, various students club, and groups that encourage students to uplift their morale and inspiration and inculcate great humane values in them.
Campus Environment & Learning Approach
If you are going to enroll in MBBS program at North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikova you are going to witness a great and positive atmosphere. The prompt and encouraging behavior by teaching staff and other academicians will always inspire you to give your best during your learning and practical training. Even North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov hostel atmosphere is also good. The university facilitates students with advanced methods of teaching and learning. They are also exposed to a variety of international approaches and training values that will be handy when they pursue their higher studies in countries like the USA, Germany, Singapore, and the UK.
Apart from an amicable environment, the university also renders all kinds of advantages of a modern medical university. Individuals mentoring and true guidance by peers and committed staff are exceedingly precious. Students are also provided the latest equipment in lecture halls and labs combined with high-quality academic training with more emphasis on practical experience and applicability helps them to enable them to become capable doctors of the 21st century. All these traits led to attaining high North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov country ranking as well as North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov ranking in the world.
Hostel or Accommodation at NWSMU, Russia
The North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov hostel facilities are available for all international students who receive an academic invitation from the university. There are multiple campus accommodation options for foreign students (for both boys and girls). The hostel comprises units with 8-9 rooms. All hostel rooms are well-furnished and up to date with the latest facilities. The convenience and size of the room may vary and dormitory rooms can accommodate 2-3 students.
The hostel building comprises double bedded and triple bedded arrangements. Facilities in hostels include water, electricity, furniture, bed & bedclothes, washing and cooking facilities. There are common laundry rooms and kitchen rooms in each unit to facilitate those who want to cook food and wash clothes themselves. The hostel is close to everything you require on campus and there is a separate provision of accommodation for girls and boys as well.
The campus hostel campus is safe and secured for students for both boys and girls. The entire campus is strongly fenced. Students are guided to maintain decorum and discipline. Electronic entry and exit systems prevail. An up-to-date fire prevention system is also installed in all the premises of the universities and hostel buildings. The whole hostel building and university campus remain under the surveillance of CCTV cameras and special security guards. Visitors are only allowed after identification.
Medical and Health Care of Students at NWSMU
North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov, Russia pays adequate concern for student’s health and care. If there is any healthcare issue transpires, the administration takes notice of him/her and provides high-level healthcare assistance at the university’s hospital or clinic. The medical treatment and rehabilitation centers are fully geared up with high-end facilities. The university also arranges obligatory annual health check-ups for every staff and student. A regular health care facility is also provided by University’s Medical Centre on the basis of medical insurance policy that levies the cost of $200-250 per year. All sorts of medical and healthcare requirements are available within the campus itself.
Cost of Living in Russia
Everyone has a different lifestyle habit and pattern. Hence it is very difficult to draw an exact estimation for the cost of living in Russia. If you believe in exuberance and a high-quality lifestyle, then the cost may shoot higher than what is provided here. Moreover, foreign or Indian students enrolling for the MBBS course in NWSMU should know that the cost of living in St. Petersburg and Moscow is relatively higher as compared to several NMC recognized medical universities located in other parts of Russia. The average cost of living may fall around $180-200. This is an estimated cost of living based on numerous living habits and patterns. It includes the expenses of eating, drinking, dining in the café, purchase-related to food, public transport, entertainment, traveling, and making international calls.
Why should your consult Doctors-IEA Team
As the number of medical aspirants looking for foreign destinations shooting every year considerably, the task of choosing the best medical university having a higher reputation and top-class education is getting more challenging and difficult. This is where the contribution and support of the Doctors-IEA team become extremely crucial. We do not only help students to apply for an MBBS course in North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov at the right time but we also empower you with all the true information on how to get admission to this university or other top medical university in Russia. Our team of experts and qualified academic consultant facilitate real guidance with the challenges and opportunities for pursuing MBBS in Russia.
We helped thousands of desperate medical aspirants from India to get enrolled in the top medical universities in Russia, including a large number of students getting admission in North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov. Students and parents are welcome in our Delhi office as well as branches all over India. We make sure all your queries and apprehensions are solved in the most appropriate manner so that you can make the right choice and make the right decision to follow your dream medical career in Russia.
- All information under one roof, from selecting a university to getting admission.
- Authentic and reliable information.
- Trusted by parents and students across the country.
- 100% admission placement record so far.
- Opportunity to connect with students already pursuing MBBS in top Russian universities.
- True commitment, 100% transparent policy.
- Continuous support and assistance until the completion of course in Russi
- Minimum charges and fees with no hidden cost.
- Chance to get admission to the best medical universities in Russi
What Doctors-IEA Team Do For You?
- Online application form submission for admission.
- Receiving university invitation letter on student’s behalf.
- Help students to get visas.
- Meeting with the Embassy of the Russian Federation.
- Flight arrangement from Delhi to Moscow.
- Receiving students at Moscow Airport.
- Procuring North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov hostel or accommodation arrangement in Russia.
- Providing all sorts of assistance to students to settle down in Russia.
- Arrangement of food/mess for Indian students.
- Unconditional support and assistance after admission whenever you needed.
We hope could deliver all the relevant and significant information here that will be adequate for your search for MBBS at NWSMU, Russia. For any further information on MBBS admission in Russia please do not hesitate to write us or alternatively visit us at our office. You will find us a true companion and a trustworthy representative for admission to the MBBS program in Russia.
Admission Procedure to Study MBBS in NWSMU, Russia in Simple Steps:
- STEP-1: Call or Visit Doctors-IEA Team Official representative of University.
- STEP-2: Properly fill the online application form of the NWSMU named after I.I. Mechnikov.
- STEP-3: After filling the online application form, the candidate will receive an offer letter from the university.
- STEP-4: Pay processing fees and then submit all essential documents required to get admission to NMC recognized medical college-NWSMU named after I.I. Mechnikov.
- STEP-5: After receiving processing fees and original documents, the Doctors-IEA team will apply for an invitation letter and visa documentation.
- STEP-6: After getting the Visa, the Doctors-IEA team will arrange tickets and all a proper set of documents to fly for a particular university with a group of students and their representatives.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for study MBBS at NWSMU named after I.I. Mechnikov for Indians?
Eligibility criteria for study MBBS in NWSMU named after I.I. Mechnikov are based on your 12th standard marks or grades.
- You should be at the age of 17 on or before 31st December during the current year of admission.
- The student must have more than 65% marks per each subject in ECB (English, Chemistry, Biology) in 12th Class.
- NEET (Qualified marks) is mandatory to study MBBS in NWSMU.
- Only regular students can apply not from open school.
The admission process begins by you sending us the scanned copy of the documents listed below, for more details or free counseling consult Doctors-IEA officially authorized representative of NWSMU for Indian and Foreign students.
Documents required for study MBBS in NWSMU named after I.I. Mechnikov (For Indian Students)
- Filled application form with fee guarantee letter.
- Passport with a validity of a minimum of two years.
- 10th, 12th Certificates, and mark-sheets.
- 20 passport size photographs (35*45 mm @80% face at the matte finish paper with a white background.
- Medical tests: HIV test, X-Ray Chest, Blood test, Health Fitness certificate.
For Other Countries:
- Filled application form with fee guarantee letter
- Passport with a validity of a minimum of two years.
- Secondary school certificate (English, Chemistry & Biology)
- Medical tests: HIV test, X-Ray Chest, Blood test, Health Fitness certificate.
- 20 Photos (passport size 35*45 mm at the matte paper)
We will get you the admission letter and invitation letter from the university. We will also guide you through the entire process and will complete all documentation including visa, ticket (for Indian students), For other countries aspirants, we will provide admission and invitation letter and will provide complete guidelines regarding visas, tickets. An incoming student enrolled through Doctors-IEA Team will receive by an official representative of NWSMU at Moscow airport or at St. Petersburg International Airport.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q – How good is the quality of faculties at NWSMU?
The faculties at NWSMU are highly experienced and knowledgeable. They are adept in teaching international students in Science and research domain.
Q – Can Indian students avail scholarships at NWSMU?
Yes, Indian students can avail of scholarships provided to deserving candidates who want to do MBBS from a Russian university
Q – Do I need to pay any capitation fees to get admission?
There is no capitation or donation amount to get admission to the MBBS course. You need to pay yearly fees and that too directly in the university account and not any agent.
Q – What will be the medium of instruction or teaching for foreign students?
International students will be taught the whole MBBS course in English. However, Russian is also taught in the first year so that you can deal with patients during training and making life easier outside the campus.
Q – Do I need to go through any entrance exam to get entry at NWSMU medical course?
Foreign students do not need to go through any kind of entrance exam. The admission will be based on your previous academic record where a minimum of 50% aggregate is required in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Q – How is it possible for the medical university to impart world-class MBBS program/education at an affordable cost?
There are several WHO and NMC recognized MBBS universities in Russia that are truly non-profit and funded by the Federal Government. Moreover, the government provides subsidy on education as well. Thus, the cost becomes affordable and low as compared to several private medical colleges in India.
Q – How Doctors-IEA team can help us in getting admission to NWSMU?
We help students and parents in all sphere of getting admission in Russia. We are an authorized and official representative. From honest counseling to settling down in the medical university, we lend your comprehensive support. You can contact us to know more.
Call for more details about the university, admission, processing, fees at MBBS in NWSMU, Russia:
+91-7428212236, 7428203118, 8010503035
Toll-free 1800-419-5827 (For Indian Students), +79515174507 (International Students)
Students or parents can write to us at WhatsApp also: +917428212236, +79515174507
- 1 North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov – A Distinctive Medical University in Russia
- 2 Some Special Highlights of North-Western State Medical University Named After I.I. Mechnikov?
- 3 Overview:
- 4 History:
- 5 Faculties at NWMSU
- 6 Accreditations at a glance of NWSMU
- 7 University Ranking at a Glance
- 8 What advantages do Students receive in NWSMU?
- 9 Cost of MBBS at NWSMU named after I.I. Mechnikov:
- 10 MBBS in the English Language for Foreign Students
- 10.1 Duration for MBBS Course at NWSMU:
- 10.2 Scientific & Research Facilities for Medical Students
- 10.3 Sports, Leisure, and Extracurricular Activities at NWSMU
- 10.4 Campus Environment & Learning Approach
- 10.5 Hostel or Accommodation at NWSMU, Russia
- 10.6 Medical and Health Care of Students at NWSMU
- 10.7 Cost of Living in Russia
- 11 Why should your consult Doctors-IEA Team
- 12 Admission Procedure to Study MBBS in NWSMU, Russia in Simple Steps:
- 13 What are the Eligibility Criteria for study MBBS at NWSMU named after I.I. Mechnikov for Indians?
- 14 Frequently Asked Questions